Link to Part One.
Joining Kathleen this week is Dr. John Sullivan, a globally known HR thought-leader who has been dubbed the “Michael Jordan of Hiring.” John has written thousands of articles and several books covering all areas of Talent Management. In part one, John talks about how he got involved in the world of recruiting, why companies should focus less on cost per hire, and the importance of building a recruiting culture.
You can find out more about John and read his newsletter at drjohnsullivan.com.
Articles and Topics Referenced in Podcast
- Facing a Shortage of Candidates? Discover and Use the Right ‘Attraction Factors’
- Spend More… Not Less On Cost Per Hire – And Instead Focus On Hiring Results
- Facing An Applicant Shortage? Re-recruit Your “Candidates That Came Close”
- Collaborative Hiring — the Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Switch to It
- Collaborative Recruiting — Making ‘Every Employee a Recruiter’ Improves Hiring Results
- Talent Pipeline Case Study — Nestlé Purina Reaches an Amazing 43 Percent of Hires
- Ouch, 50% Of New Hires Fail! 6 Ugly Numbers Revealing Recruiting’s Dirty Little Secret
- Passive Candidates — Valuable, Yes, but They’re Not Passive Nor Are They Candidates
- Stay Interviews and other Powerful Retention Tools: A retention idea generation guide
- A Recruiting Game Changer – Remote Work Adds Powerful Talent Competitors